Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

From Fira to Oia


 Our second day consisted of a hike from Fira where we were staying, to Oia (the most beautiful city I've ever been to!!) Once there we had lunch on a rooftop, visited an adorably decorated bookstore (my camera had a field day), and then went and jumped off a platform into the Aegean. 
As if that wasn't enough, Carleigh and I (accompanied by our friend Nick), went and got our tattoos done in a town called Perissa (taking a bus to the southern part of town). It felt like a thousand mosquito poking at me, or an exacto knife making tiny little slices and going down my back. But the pain was worth it, I've wanted and considered it for awhile. 
Disclaimer: I was wearing my swimsuit top and shorts. 
Carleigh got the word "Grace" in Greek on her forearm, and I got the word "Agape" on the side of my back.
(For those that don't know, it's one of the greek words for love, but a deeper self-sacrificing love like Jesus' love for me...and a good reminder of how I should try and love others).
 Probably one of the most of the eventful days, but that's what happens when you try to condense Santorini into a weekend I suppose.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











 
 
 

 
 
 


 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
Fake crying from her saran-wrapped arm 

Final product! Couldn't be happier.



No comments:

Post a Comment