Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cravings

Just a few of the things I will indulge in when I'm home:
  • Warm chocolate chip cookies 
  • SMOOTHIES!! -the good kind
  • Skating/rollerblading in Seaport Village or Mission Bay
  • California burritos (Ortiz's if we're getting specific. The guac and sour cream are essential)
  • Raspberries!
  • In and Out
  • Acai bowls from Beach City in Carlsbad :) although I'd settle for an OB one too...
  • Modern Family, and all my Hulu loves that I haven't been able to watch internationally
  • Hot tubs & roller coasters (both of which have sounded really great multiple times here..it will happen eventually)
  • Driving!! 
  • Summer BBQ's
  • Sprinkles cupcakes
  • My beloved Pacific ocean

My mouth is watering just writing some of these! In the meantime, I am not complaining about the luxuries I have here. I have gotten to know so many of the locals I see on my walk to class daily. They have such warm and generous hearts, and never cease to offer greetings and encouragement (and sometimes even discounts!)
Collecting sea glass on my walk back has also become somewhat of a habit.

Side note: Cinque Terre in just two days! I can hardly believe it. Please be praying for good weather and safe travels. I'm sure it will be a birthday I will always cherish:) This past week has been a hectic one of presentations, printing and mounting my photography for the art show we have when we return at the end of next week. It's been fun to see it start to come together though.

Side note #2: This girl inspires me so much. Not only is she an INCREDIBLE dancer, but she uses her talent for reasons bigger than herself. I aspire to be like her. 

Thought I would finish this post off some wise words from Oswald Chambers. This devotional has blessed me so much along this journey. I have even considered keeping a highlighter next to it in the bathroom. Sorry...sharing too much?

"No matter how difficult something may be, I must say, 'Lord, I am delighted to obey You in this.'  You must keep yourself in the proper condition to allow the life of the Son of God to be manifested in you, and you cannot keep yourself fit if you give way to self-pity. Our circumstances are the means God uses to exhibit just how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure His Son is. Discovering a new way of manifesting the Son of God should make our heart beat with renewed excitement. Never live on your memories of past experiences, but let the Word of God always be living and active in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment