Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Friday, July 22, 2011

Taking a break

So excited to have a little down time today, we're at a hotel in Hisperia. I feel like a little kid in a candy store with the indoor pool and fitness center, plush beds and complimentary morning breakfast. Should be a good time of relaxation before heading back to Pine Summit.
Looking back this past week was such a time of growth for me personally, and as a team. Not only did I conquer the high ropes course (which didn't look too bad from the ground...), I am learning more and more to be on my toes with the whole media thing. Kind of a lesson in surrendering the need to have everything in line and trusting that God will be able to make something out of the little things I do.
Wish I had taken a picture of all the kids with their hands raised in worship, so beautiful and inspiring.
Still realizing I am holding onto connections from home. I thought that maybe SMT would be a way to almost escape some of it and refocus. But there always seems to be down-time where I am missing somebody.
In the meantime, the team has become more of a family this past week though, and I'm sure we will continue to share more experiences and be meeting more incredible people at the different camps (thoroughly enjoyed spending time with parents and kids alike this past week). And all this time working with mediashout has caused me to really reflect on lyrics that reflect things I want to say to my Father, but maybe don't know the right words. Ironically, the most impacting parts of songs usually ends up being the Bridge, where the lyrics and melody temporarily change from the rest of the song. Proof that change can sometimes be a good thing.

"Take my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I am for your kingdom's cause. As I go from nothing to eternity."

No comments:

Post a Comment