Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Expanding horizons

So we started our week of training here on campus. I confess it's been hard to fully concentrate on the team when the weather has been so sunny and with other friends staying on campus. But it has been definitely exhausting.
We've been practicing at a local church, and already I'm proud at the progress I've been making in terms of learning the mediashout program, and even with my directional sense in terms of doing errands around el cajon and various parts of SD (have yet to get lost! ....knock on wood).
Trying not to get sick, even if that means forcing myself to go to bed earlier on some nights, and chug water more than I want to. The early mornings are definitely getting to me, probably should have trained my body before this, oh well.
Went on a good run tonight with one of my team members. Was so nice to be out on the track running in the dark under the stars and full moon, and I ran further than I have previous times running there! (Might have been because I was borrowing my friend's running shoes, she does track). Felt so good afterwards, although I'm sure I will be feeling it tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment