Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Changing Seasons

So I realized today that I haven't been on here since school has ended and summer has begun. In many ways I'm still the same person dealing with the same struggles. But in some ways my life has changed. I've grown and challenged myself, and seen areas where I have been able to make a small difference in someone else's life. Or rather in a handful of Jr Higher's lives, girls with broken families and pasts, who have been forced to grow up faster then they should have to. But the resulting rewarding feeling of being able to pray for these girls and hopefully be someone they could look up to far outweighed the exhaust I was feeling from the lack of sleep and running around.
And that was just a week.
I am about to embark on a four week journey (SMT) with some peers turned good friends, and play worship music at various camps and churches along the way. I am beyond excited about this opportunity and the experiences it will bring, also hopeful, nervous, and honestly a little sad to be leaving my friends and family for a bit (didn't really hit until my Dad started tearing up when saying goodnight).
So with bags packed (and probably lacking something important that I won't remember until I get far enough away), an open yet slightly overwhelmed mind, and the prayers of those close to me I am ready to hopefully continue making a difference and take a break from concentrating on my life.
I also will try and update this with stories and whatnot soon.
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory"

No comments:

Post a Comment