Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thank you Rick Steve

These are pictures from Day 3 (Tuesday). I realize I skipped our adventures from Monday, but due to uploading difficulties, I decided to not let it hinder posting other pictures and I'll come back to it. 
On this day we had a full day of eating by the beach in the morning, exploring a little more of Monterosso, and then taking advantage of the train between the cities. We went to the southernmost of the 5 towns, Riomaggiore, which in all honesty was slightly disappointing. One of our group members also experienced a bit of hostility from the locals after trying to use their bathroom, so we left that city pretty quickly, anxious to explore another. 

We stopped at Manarola next, the second to last town I believe (we skipped Cornaglia due to lack of time) and decided it was our next favorite town after our beloved Monterosso. We went to dinner at Rick Steve's guide's recommendation and had a nice meal of pizza, wine, and dessert. Afterwards we walked about the town and ducked into a nearby cantina that had live music and cozy stone-walled decor. Not a bad way to end a long day, and it was nice to mingle with the locals a bit on our last full day!
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment