Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Around Town: Documenting my final week :(

I've never liked goodbyes to begin with. But it's even harder when these people that I've been with for three months, shared struggles, joys, and hilarious moments with, have turned into practically family.
One by one they each left, and Jimmy's apartments became quieter and quieter.
But soon enough, I'd said my goodbyes too and was off on my long journey home (4 1/2 hr ferry, bus to airport, overnight at Athens airport, flight at 8:10, 5 hr layover in London, 11 hr flight to SD).
When I got back, my mom was waiting for me in the terminal arrival area (as my dad was making circles around the airport with the car haha), and she immediately got giddy and started to cry when I made eye contact with her:) Such a special moment.

I have loved being home, the transition was only slightly difficult at the beginning as I was figuring out how to use my phone and drive again, and I could actually understand signs and the people around me, and the convenience of being able to satisfy food and shopping cravings was unreal (OH and the whole bathroom thing too: attached shower heads, and toilet paper you could actually throw into the toilet).
Since being home I have loved reconnecting with my friends and family here, and even got a job at one of my favorite stores (not to mention got to go on vacation with my best friend and her family, as if being abroad for three months wasn't vacation enough!), and am feeling INCREDIBLY blessed by all these opportunities and little bits of greatness since I've been back. But the people I met, and the places I've been will always have a very special place in my heart.

 
 
My birthday cake these two lovely ladies made me!! It was soo good, such a fun surprise!


 
 
 
 
What women do at museums:)

 
  
Chloe and Carleigh getting our matching friendship bracelets!
 
 
The darkroom at the school where I worked on my B&W photography in the mornings.

 
Goodbye Jimmy's :( 

 
Seeing my friends off at the ferry

 
My overnight setup in the Athens Airport McDonalds 

 
My beautiful sunny San Diego welcome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment