Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I saw *sparks*

So it's amazing how a night can do a complete 180. I had a great weekend on a mini road trip with some friends, and I came back tonight exhausted and even the simplest things in my normal routine were starting to feel like huge obstacles. And so I prayed.
This isn't some huge miracle "and then everything in my life sorted itself out" kinda deal. But it's almost as if God allowed my mind to take a step back and realize that zooming in and freaking out about the smallest particles of my life isn't going to help anything.
For example: I've been stressing over trying to figure out rooming details for next year, my last year in college. And considering I'm studying abroad, I have to figure that detail out sooner than later. Lindsay, Haley, Katie (best friends from home) and I were going to try and find an apartment in La Jolla area, and as excited as I was to live with them, a part of me still is tied to campus and the idea that next year will be my last year to live in a college dorm. To experience all that Loma has to offer. To soak up all the time with my friends there, the activities there (i.e. late night burrito runs), and sure even the classes (although to be real, academics tends to take the back burner sometimes). I have the rest of my life to live in an apartment and be an adult and settle down. But why not make the most of where I'm currently at? Young and in college, figuring life out, and now with the opportunity to travel!
Meaning Greece.
As scared as I am to go, I'm not sure when I'm going to get another opportunity like this, and I am not willing to let not going be a regret that I end up having. Who knows what I will learn while I'm there, who I will meet, places I will visit, the overall culture I will experience.
So thankfully the motivation has sparked in me again :) and I've been reminded that prayer helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment