Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Only one Bachelor left in the world

I don't get addicted to too many shows. If I took the time to intentionally catch up on the one's my friends watch, I would probably thoroughly enjoy them.
But for some unexplainable reason, I have been watching The Bachelor this season.
The lucky guy is named Brad Womack, a 38 year old dirty blonde-haired Texan, looking to find love..for the second time. He apparently was on the show a while back, and after breaking some hearts, he left after not proposing to anyone.
He now claims to be a changed man.
While I haven't seen all the seasons, the episodes I have seen have some obvious patterns. The drama (the obvious result of putting a giant group of emotional, single, drunk girls in a house and having them compete for one male), the roses (awarded to every girl who can make it to the next level and avoid elimination), the exotic locations ( I can't help think about the piece we just read by Jamaica Kincaid about being tourists; traveling to poverty stricken areas to enjoy ourselves), and of course the host: Chris Harrison.
Yet still, I watch. I stay hooked waiting to find out if my "favorites" advance onto the next round, waiting to see which one he will choose.
These women have become a box of chocolates, waiting for Brad to sample each one until he chooses one he so desires, and place the other half-eaten ones back in the box.

1 comment:

  1. I am a particular fan of your image of the rejected bachelorettes as half-eaten chocolates. Nice.

    ReplyDelete