Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Leaves

Today is a blustery day. Walking to class, I had to clutch my sweater tighter around me in an attempt to add some warmth from the hectic and crisp wind surrounding me.
Every day, it has become my routine to walk up these stairs (I realize I mentioned these stairs in an earlier post).
In the process of walking up them, I looked up and saw leaves swirling around in the wind. Carried about, just out of reach.
At this point in my life, I have so many opportunities, ideas, plans, and hopes that are floating around me. While usually my tendency is to get overwhelmed, or go out of my way to force an opportunity to happen, I am in the process of trying a new way to approach these things. In that, I let them approach me, and trust the force behind them.
Finally I reached the last step, and started walking forward until I heard a crunch. I looked down to see that I had stepped on a brown leaf that had fallen to my feet. I stared at it for a brief moment.
Then continued walking..

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of leaves and plans floating around you. Their attachment or freedom from the branch is poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girl...it seems as if your approach is working...keep at it and let those leaves come to you...and when they do...hold on to them! :)

    ReplyDelete