Welcome

So I have jumped on board with this blogging trend, and am excited to see where it takes me

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Observations

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
Another 7:00 alarm promptly goes off.
And I promptly slap my phone located next to my bed and turn it off.
Slowly I slide out from under my warm cocoon, and find the clothes I had laid out the night before (because clearly early mornings are not the best times to cordinate an outfit). I stumble to the mirror and attempt to put makeup on and throw my hair in a half decent ponytail. Thankfully, I have stocked up on mini bottles of orange juice and so I quickly grab a bottle from my mini fridge and head out the door.
As I walk down the hall and head out the larger door on the outside of my dorm, I see two people sitting on the steps in front of me. Their bodies clumped together in the middle of the stairway, exactly where I needed to walk. I mumbled a "scuse me" and climbed my way around them. Glancing back I doubt they even noticed that I had passed. They looked too preoccupied, staring lovingly at each other with eyes tucked behind glasses, messy brown hair, and oversized sweatshirts.
As I walk to class I think about all the awkward couples I have seen over the years, particularly ones here on campus. They seem to lurk around every dark hidden corner, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, stand in the middle of a walkway without any care about the mass amounts of people around them watching their PDA.
I question what exactly makes a couple an "awkward couple". Is it the appearances of the individuals? Or maybe the location or actions of the couple?
These thoughts never used to cross my mind. But now I have a boyfriend, and I still hope to God that we are not, nor ever will be one of those awkward couples sitting in the middle of a stairway at 7:30 in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Sitting on the stairs at 7:30 in the morning? That's devotion.

    ReplyDelete